Monday, May 24, 2010

Yadkin Valley Experience - The Beginning

Today is an exciting day. Today the Jonesville Tourism Authority handed me a Flip Camcorder to video tape tourism related business' in the Yadkin Valley. This is to help those who have not yet "Experienced" the area to see & hopefully feel what it has to offer.

The Yadkin Valley covers Surry, Wilkes, Yadkin & Davie Counties. In these counties there are numerous places to stay: B&Bs, Cabins, Inns, Suites...and places to visit: Wineries, Vineyards, Historical Sites, Outdoor adventures such as hiking, biking, golfing, canoeing...Great places to say "I Do" and well I can go on and on.

A little about myself...My name is Misty Matthews and I work full time at the Yadkin Valley Chamber of Commerce located in Historic Downtown Elkin. I have been here for 5 years and before that I lived in Maryland and worked in Tysons, VA. I say that because I fell in love with the area and moved here for the "Quality of Life" and it's here. When we headed out and started to see the mountains in the horizons all tense muscels began to relax. The views are breath taking, the people are so friendly and for small towns there IS A LOT TO DO.

Because I have a full time job this task isn't going to happen as quick as I would like it to but I am dedicated to get the experience to you and hopefully you will come and "Stay Awhile".

Until then visit some of our area web sites:
www.visittheyadkinvalley.com
www.yadkinvalley.org
www.verysurry.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi Misty, This is a great idea!

    Please have a look at the Elkin photos Johann Bollinger took in Elkin yesterday from my post. You can share them and save them. He is making a video too. He has the train in town in a video clip and even makes it look sweet- like Thomas the Tank engine. I loved the images he found here.

    He and Sabrina were visiting from Belgium this weekend. We enjoyed Basin Creek and heard the band on Thursday night. We went to Winston, shopped downtown Elkin on Friday. They went to a wedding on Saturday in Charlotte, church with us on Sunday, La Fuente's real Mexican food on Sunday night and to Stone Mountain and Elkin again on Monday. We had a picnic at home on the porch last night and enjoyed Yadkin Valley Wines.

    You can get everywhere from here.

    Sabrina was my son's aupair. She lived here in 2000-2001 with us. Johann was a television anchorman in Liege, Belgium until recently. Today he has a wonderful video/production company, http://www.produwebtv.be/. He will send the video he makes about the vacation experience when he gets home. I'll share it with you. I think it will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete